Urdu Planet Forum -Pakistani Urdu Novels and Books| Urdu Poetry | Urdu Courses | Pakistani Recipes Forum  

Go Back   Urdu Planet Forum -Pakistani Urdu Novels and Books| Urdu Poetry | Urdu Courses | Pakistani Recipes Forum > English Planet > English Literature

Notices

Old 11-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #1
journalist

Users Flag!

journalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your Fitness Problems Solved

Q. My weight is 94kg and height is 5ft 6-inches. I am tired of my obesity. I donít have thyroid problem and I want to reduce at least 65kg. Please suggest what to do? Nazia
A: Dear Nazia, first you need to figure out exactly how much excess fat you have and how much you need to reduce. You can participate in a fitness and body composition test by seeing your physical therapist, in order to evaluate the basic fitness goals you need to achieve. You havenít provided much data here which is why I canít set a goal for you, but you can adopt the ways given below to meet your targets.
Make a calorie chart for yourself by mentioning your age, height, weight and activity level. As the focus is on reducing extra fat deposits, deduct some of the calories from your food intake and burn some during workout. The chartís simple purpose is to know how much you need to eat. Additionally, you must know the best times for each meal and the appropriate time gaps in-between the meals. Not only the total calorie count but also the food you eat is important. You need to track food items and make a list of what you can eat and what you should avoid. As a rule of thumb, you must avoid eating sugar. Any food containing refined sugars and items containing saturated fats must not be a part of your platter. Instead, you can eat foods that are packed with fibre and complex carbohydrates. You may have simple carbs as fresh juices but make sure that it is not an artificial or a flavoured one. Yet, your plate should comprise of protein. Make sure it should be lean protein or you can also have plant resources.
Take some time out for exercise as it is the most effective way to keep you fit. An hour daily or most days of the week with rest on weekends is good for you. You can join a gym, walk briskly, play some sports or join an aerobics, yoga, swimming or dancing class as they are all different forms of physical activity that can help you meet your targets.

Q: I am a 16-year-old girl with height 5ft 4-inches and weight 57kg. I want to reduce at least 5kg and want to increase my height by 3 inches. Please suggest a diet plan and exercises to lose weight as well as to gain height. Gauhar
A: Dear Gauhar, your healthy weight range is 45-65kg. You need to reduce about 12kg to be at the lower limit of your healthy weight range. Height is usually genetically manifested but external factors like environment, eating habits and lifestyle can create differences. The prescription below may help you in meeting your goals.

Diet plan:
Breakfast: 100ml fresh juice, 2 boiled egg whites, 1 egg whole, 1 cup whole grain cereals, 200ml skimmed milk
Lunch: 120gm lean protein, 1/2 cup pasta, 1 cup cucumber & broccoli
Dinner: 1/2 cup cooked rice, 1 cup kidney beans, 1 cup plain yogurt
Mid snacks: 2 slices bran bread with 50gm chicken kebab or 1 apple and 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Exercise plan:
Perform high knee sprint, jump switch lunge, squat jack, burpees, speed skater lunge, Pilateís teaser, modified push ups, rowing, T-bar lift-ups and rope skipping on alternate days of the week.
For warm up, spend 5-10 minutes doing a brisk walk, aerobics, skipping or spot jogging.
For resistance and cardio, perform 10-12 reps for each exercise with a rest of 10 seconds between exercises and rest for 1-2 minutes after completing one round. Repeat the whole cycle with 12-15 reps each and rest for 15 seconds in between sets. Then do a light jog for 5 minutes to cool down. Stretch by holding all major muscle groups for 15 seconds in a stretched posture.
Make sure, you get plenty of rest each day. Keep yourself free from stress and any sort of addictions. Avoid substances that contain nicotine and caffeine. Maintain a good posture; avoid hunching your back or unnecessarily keeping your neck protruding forward as people usually do while using computer.

Q: I am 20 years old. My weight is 62kg and height is 5ft 1/2 inch. I want to lose weight and increase my height in two months before my wedding. Aaina
A: Dear Aaina, based on healthy BMI recommendation, your recommended weight is 92.7 Ė 138.0lbs. At present, you are within the range (136.4 lbs) but you can try to reach the lower limits. A healthy fat loss recommendation is 1lb. in one week, provided you exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet. Here you need to reduce about 43.7 lbs. By reducing a lb/wk, you need about 10-11 months to reach your target. You may reduce more than is recommended but doing so will seriously compromise your health.
Itís good to prepare yourself for your big day but limiting your fitness goals only for a particular day is not going to be helpful in the long run. You should make a lifetime commitment of keeping yourself healthy and fit. You do not need to make any major changes in order to achieve your goals, just some alterations in your lifestyle which includes omitting unhealthy habits and adopting healthier ones. You will need to eat a balanced diet, do your workouts punctually, avoid stress and unpleasant environments, maintain good posture and enjoy a good nightís sleep.
A good posture and proper rest will also help you in increasing the growth hormone which is going to help increase height. However, height is a hereditary character but you can gain some by such controlled factors. Height continues to grow unless the growing plates at the ends of your long bones turn into hardened bones. Exercises that include isometric stretching like yoga; hanging exercise like T-bar and skipping ropes are said to be good in enhancing height.

Q: I am 21 years old. My weight is 45kg and height is 5ft 11-inches. Do you think my BMI is normal? Please suggest a diet and exercise plan for me. Sohail
A: Dear Sohail, your BMI is 13.81kg that indicates severe thinness. Normal BMI range is 18.5kg-5kg. You need to gain some weight to make your BMI fall in the normal category. You also need to check your body composition to find out the muscle mass amount and fat mass amount that you need to gain. You may follow the diet and exercise plan given below.
Diet plan:
Pre breakfast: 200ml banana shake prepared in whole milk.
Breakfast: 1 cup whole grain cereals, 2 boiled whole eggs or omelette, 2 slices bran bread, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 apple.
Morning snack: 1 cup pasta, 100ml fresh juice.
Lunch: 1 cup of cooked rice, 250gm meat (mutton/ beef), 1 cup mixed salad, 1 cup whole yogurt
Evening snack: 2 bananas.
Dinner: 50gm homemade chapatti, 2 cups red beans, 100gm lean meat, 1/2 cup plain yogurt
After dinner: 200ml skimmed milk.

Exercise plan:
For warm up, do a 5 minutes jog at moderate pace.
Resistance training is specified for days. You need to do 10-12 reps of the first set, 8-10 reps of the second set and 6-8 reps of the third set. You can rest for 1-2 minutes after each set. Start with three sets and then move on (when you feel comfortable after getting sufficient strength) to add fourth set of 8-10 reps and fifth set of 10-12 reps to your plan. Adjust the weights according to your strength, and you must change them for different sets as each has a varying number of reps. It is preferred that you stretch the exercised muscle during rest and have sips of water.
Monday: Barbell chest press and leg press.
Tuesday: Seated cable rows and prone leg curls.
Wednesday: Perform two sets each of basic crunches and dead lifts with 12-15 reps and 30 seconds rest between sets.
Thursday: Military press and standing calf raises.
Friday: Preacher curls and assisted dips.
You will do cardio training on all your exercising days and perform it at a moderate to high pace. Do a 10 minutes T.M run with intermittent intensity, followed by a 10 minutes M.B biking.
Do a slow walk or cycling on a stationary cycle for 5 minutes in order to cool down.
You will have to do isometric stretches twice, at the end, for all major muscle groups and hold each for 20-30 seconds. Repeat twice.
Saturday & Sunday: Rest.
journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:50 AM   #2
JustinAll

Users Flag!

JustinAll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Your Fitness Problems Solved

brother so thankx for Diet plan:
JustinAll is offline   Reply With Quote