Urdu Planet Forum -Pakistani Urdu Novels and Books| Urdu Poetry | Urdu Courses | Pakistani Recipes Forum  

Go Back   Urdu Planet Forum -Pakistani Urdu Novels and Books| Urdu Poetry | Urdu Courses | Pakistani Recipes Forum > General Forum > Baat Cheet

Notices

Baat Cheet All Serious Disussions ,Talk Games in this section.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:30 AM   #1
srizwan

Users Flag!

srizwan is on a distinguished road
Default Urdu digest short stories.

Hi, all.

New member here. Just registered to ask this question, specifically.

Growing up, I read a LOT of "Naya Rukh" and "Naye Ufaq". Outside of the obvious Ibn-e-Safi's Imran series, a few things I remember the most are some serials that I really enjoyed. Specifically the following:
  1. Malik Rustam Khan
    These were memoirs of a retired police inspector. Each qist would consist of a special case that he would reminisce.
  2. Good-hearted thief named Nick Valet?
    Sort of a robin-hood type thief. I think a professional thief who had made it big and had retired. He would steal stuff for clients, but his requirement was that the item has to be financially of no value. So sentimental stuff. Pretty certain this was copied from western (American? European) works.
  3. Sarfarosh
    Sort of like a "Quantum Leap" story. This guy who was bouncing through time, across centuries.
  4. Tiger
    A super spy, trained in a special form of martial arts by an asian master.

Does anyone have any more information on any of these stories? Where I can obtain them for re-read? Maybe an English version of the Nick Valot stories?

Thanks,
Rizwan
srizwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
journalist

Users Flag!

journalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond reputejournalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urdu digest short stories.

journalist is offline   Reply With Quote