|10-15-2009, 04:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lahore, Pakistan
Thanked 7,575 Times in 4,401 Posts
Today Biggest Problems
Sinus Pressure Relief
Sinus Infection Relief
What is Sinus?
Today's every 5th person suffering from sinusitis, The sinus is open, air filled bony cavities around the nasal passages that improve the quality of the air we breathe they warm, moisten, purify, filter, and condition it before it reaches our lungs. Sinus infections are one of the most common infections across the world. Sinus attacks are caused by an infection in the sinus or cavities that are present in the bones near the nose. When there is any swelling in these sinus because of some infection, breathing becomes difficult, resulting in fever, headaches, and other discomforts. This is known as sinusitis.
Sinus Allergies can cause a lot of pain and discomfort. Sometimes, the infection may also lead to some brain infections or other chronic problems. Though there is no effective remedy for sinus pressure relief, a lot of comfort can be gained by treating the sinusnose, ear/neck/cheek/ jaw pain, swelling of eyelids, etc. However, acute or chronic sinus infections require prolonged treatments, comprised of antibiotics or therapies like saline nasal rinses, topical/oral decongestants, antihistamines, mucolytic agents, and intranasal corticosteroids. symptoms like headaches, nasal discharge, nasal blocking, runny
Causes of Sinus Infection:
* Follow-up to a cold or flu.
* Injury to the nose.
* Growths inside the nose (polyps).
* No Break fast
* Irritating fumes.
* Environmental and food allergies.
The causes for this occurring are referred to under Coughs and Catarrhal Infections and the effects are very similar a blocked-up feeling in the nose, slight temperature, tickly cough, headache and excruciating pain in and around those cavities particularly above the eyes. Many of the remedies, particularly the inhalants, oils and tickly cough cures given under Colds and Chest Infections will work well.
Home Remedies for Sinus Pressure Relief:
* You should inhale steam vapors periodically. This is a very simple yet effective home remedy for sinus allergies. All you have to do is bow your head over a hot water bowl so that the steam can reach your face directly. Start inhaling the steam vapors. Repeat this for 2-3 mins as many times as it is convenient to do so. The main purpose is to thin the usually thick mucus so that
drainage is enhanced.
* Consumption of garlic juice or garlic capsules. It has been said that garlic has anti-bacterial and anti fungal properties. Since a sinus infection could be either bacterial or fungal in nature, the properties of garlic should be an effective natural cure. Another option is to put some chopped fresh garlic in a bowl of hot water and inhale the steam 2-3 times a day. This is another effective home remedy for sinus allergies.
* Another natural cure and home remedy for sinus infection is to use Apple Cider Vinegar, which contains potassium. This helps decrease mucus production and have shown to be beneficial as a natural home remedy of sinus allergies, runny nose and the common cold. Mix 2 teaspoonfuls of organic Apple Cider Vinegar in a full glass of warm water and drink it up. Do this 3 times a day.
* Food allergy is one of the major causes of sinus allergies. It may sound preposterous, but many people have found that avoiding certain food groups totally cured them of this condition! For chronic sinus allergies sufferers, you need to avoid taking dairy products, wheat, eggs, chickens, ducks, chocolates, peanuts, bananas and corn. To be absolutely sure which food group you may be allergic to, a diagnostic blood test is highly recommended. Therefore, avoiding certain food groups which are known to cause allergic reactions can be a simple and yet effective home remedy for sinus allergies.
* 2 fresh young nettle tops, 1 tablespoon blackberry leaves, 1 sprig fresh peppermint, 1 head meadow sweet 600 ml(1 pint) boiling water. Infuse all the herbs in the boiling water for 10 m mutes, covered. Take in the springtime to clear this painful problem before summer arrives. This will prevent sinus infection.
* Taken separately or in combination with juices of beet and cucumber, or with spinach juice, has been found beneficial in the treatment of sinus trouble. In the case of combined juices, 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juices, or 200 ml of spinach juice, should be mixed with 300ml of carrot juice to make 500 ml or half a litre of the mixed juice. This will help in reducing sinus allergies.
* Natural home remedy for sinus infection using Essential oil of eucalyptus or pine. A few drops of either in hot water are good to inhale. This is beneficial for the treatment of sinus allergies.
* The liberal use of mangoes during the season is considered an effective remedy for prevention and treatment of sinusitis. Mangoes contribute towards formation of healthy epithelium, thereby preventing frequent attacks of common infections like sinusitis. This is attributable to a high concentration of vitamin A in the fruit.
Common treatments for sinus infections may not work
A comparison of common therapys for acute sinusitis that included an antibiotic and a topical steroid found neither more effective than placebo, as per a research study in the December 5 issue of JAMA.
Acute sinusitis (sinus infection) is a common clinical problem with symptoms similar to other illnesses, and is often diagnosed and treated without clinical confirmation. Despite the clinical uncertainty as to a bacterial cause, antibiotic prescribing rates remain as high as 92 percent in the United Kingdom and 85 percent to 98 percent in the United States, as per background information in the article. Because there are no satisfactory studies of microbiological etiology from typical primary care patient practices, wide-scale over treatment is likely occurring, the authors write. Concerns about wide-spread antibacterial use include increasing antibiotic resistance in the community. Anti-inflammatory drugs such as topical steroids are also used as a therapy and may be beneficial, but there has been limited research.
Ian G. Williamson, M.D., of the University of Southampton, England, and his colleagues conducted a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial to determine the effectiveness of the antibiotic amoxicillin and topical steroid budesonide in acute maxillary sinusitis (rhinosinusitis; inflammation of the nasal cavity and sinuses). The study included 240 adults with acute nonrecurrent sinusitis treated at 58 family practices between November 2001 and November 2005. Patients were randomized to 1 of 4 therapy groups: antibiotic and nasal steroid (500 mg of amoxicillin 3 times per day for 7 days and 200 g of budesonide in each nostril once per day for 10 days); placebo antibiotic and nasal steroid; antibiotic and placebo nasal steroid; placebo antibiotic and placebo nasal steroid..... ....
|10-15-2009, 04:47 PM||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanked 16,925 Times in 10,918 Posts
Re: Today Biggest Problems
OOTARI ACHA ASA HA
To keep Alive the Threads Please do the Post
|biggest, problems, today|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|(View-All) Members who have read this thread : 16|
|asif73, blueparadise, duniya, esha, hipnatiser, iqbal123, maj06, Muhammadusman02, mwbaig73, NaeemGul, PKKHI, sanamalik, Saqib, shahzad_farhan, shaukat_ali, z_y_s|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Share Your All kind of Problems||Admin||Complains & Suggestions||32||05-18-2016 12:41 PM|
|WHAT YOU PLAY TODAY||MUHAMMAD KAMRAN||Masti Planet||46||05-16-2011 09:23 PM|
|~~How R You~~~ Today...?||ChessMaster||Masti Planet||35||05-16-2011 07:18 PM|
|E-Books & Tutorials : The Idea Accelerator: How to Solve Problems Faster Using Speed||blueparadise||E-Books||2||10-27-2009 11:04 AM|